October 17, 2011

Stinky feet & making beets

Making cards out of whatever was available at the time has always proved to result in some really friggen cute home made cards. Being resourceful is my magic super power.

Everyone has seen or made a hand print turkey. Our 6th mth old son last Thanksgiving made his first & we turned it into a card. Not so original. But this year for Halloween my husband came up with the idea to use his foot for a ghost! Using acrylic paint on black construction paper, we stamped his foot print, turned the paper upside down and wah-lah! On the back we glued another piece of construction paper, cut a zig-zag edge & then using autumn colored markers, wrote "Trick or treat, smell my feet, gimme something good to eat"! We made envelopes out of color paper. You can also use cool magazine pages that are filled with images but then you will want to use an address label to make sure it's visible. I loved how they turned out.

The fresh organic beets on the other hand, a gorgeous golden, vibrant yellow spiral of color when sliced, baked with a sprinkle of salt, pepper and drizzle of olive oil, didn't exactly taste so great? =(  They were slightly bitter? Suggestions? We're first timers. But back to the feet, aren't those lil toes something!



xo

2 comments:

Natalie K said...

The ghost cards are great and they've got me thinking about what I can do at Christmas... (I know I'm getting ahead of the game). But my kids make their cards to their grandparents and these cards have inspired me to use the same kind of idea for then....

cazmira said...

Hi Nicole, thank you! Hm. Christmas and feet....you could use their toes to create snowmen and women! ;) Let me know what you come up with.

xo Rebecca