November 10, 2011

the Autumn leaves outside my window~ harvest abundance

It's early November. The leaves are at their finest. New York City is beautiful in the fall. With the cool air, things feel refreshed despite the natural decay. I feel reinspired. Of course food enters my mind, butternut squash, yuca, roasted garlic, acorn squash, kale and good red wines. Our favorite as of late is 7 Deadly Zins from Michael David Winery in Lodi, California. It's amazing and affordable! Similar to Peachy Canyon goodness. I'm pretty proud, back to food, that my 1 1/2 year old is eating kale, broccoli, green beans, and brussel sprouts! Trader Joe's seasonally sells brussel sprouts on the stalk! Yep see the picture. That is how they grow ~ boys eating veggies, and sprouts up a stalk.  ;)  What is your favorite wine or autumn dish?     

1 comment:

Sossity said...

favorite wine... zinfandel!!! But I do really love Red Guitar and Big House Red right now. :)

(since I am on a kick with the word verification - this one was ouspothe, which kind of sounds like something you might say/slur while having too much to drink. "ouspothe to get me another glass of wine... !" )